This includes the website and external online presences (my social media profiles).
I. Name and address of responsible persons
The controller in terms of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other national data protection laws of the Member States as well as other data protection regulations is:
D-52157 Roetgen - Germany
Tel .: +49 2471 1354587
II.General information on data processing
1. Scope of processing of personal data
As a matter of principle, I process personal data of my users only as far as this is necessary to provide a functional website as well as my contents and services. The processing of personal data of my users is based on one of the following legal principles.
2. Legal basis for the processing of personal data
Insofar as I obtain the consent of the data subject for the processing of personal data, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) serves as the legal basis.
When processing personal data, which is necessary for the fulfillment of a contract to which the data subject is a party, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR as the legal basis. This also applies to processing operations which are necessary to carry out pre-contractual measures.
Insofar as processing of personal data is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation to which I am subject, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c GDPR serves as the legal basis. In the event that vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person require the processing of personal data, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. d GDPR is the legal basis.
If processing is necessary to safeguard one of my legitimate interests or the interests of a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR serves as the legal basis for processing.
3. Data deletion and storage period
The personal data of the data subject will be deleted or made unavailable as soon as the purpose of storage no longer applies. Personal data can also be stored if this has been provided for by the European or national legislator in EU regulations, laws or other regulations to which the person responsible is subject. The data will also be deleted if a storage period prescribed by the standards mentioned expires, unless further storage is necessary for the conclusion or fulfillment of a contract.
4. Provision of your personal data
You generally provide your personal data voluntarily . For some of the services I offer, however, it is necessary that you provide me with your personal data so that I can provide the service. I need your email address, for example, to be able to communicate with you electronically. If you do not provide me with some personal data, which are necessary for my service provision, I will not be able to perform.
5. Technical and organizational measures
The communication between your end device and the web server used by me when you visit my website riethmarketing.com takes place in an encrypted procedure using the achieved state of technological knowledge. We use the SSL procedure, which you can recognise by the "https://..." in the address line of your browser.
For the purpose of realizing my website and my online presences I use a provider of web and e-mail services and at least one operator of social networks.
For the realization of my online presences I do not transmit any personal data to third parties.
IV. Data transfer to third countries
The third parties used also transfer personal data to third countries (countries that are neither members of the European Union nor the European Economic Area).
Not all third countries ensure a level of data protection judged adequate by the European Commission. For data transfers to third countries where adequate level of data protection is not provided,
my contractors have taken appropriate measures, such as in particular the agreement of so-called EU Standard Contractual Clauses (SCC) or submission to the Privacy Shield, to protect your personal data. The transfer of personal data is unaffected, in so far as it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
V. Provision of the website
and creation of log files
1. Description and scope of data processing
Every time my website is accessed, the system automatically records data and information from the computer system of the accessing computer.
The following data is collected:
(1) Information about the browser type and the version used
(2) The user's operating system
(3) The user's IP address
(4) Date and time of access
(5) Websites from which the user's system accesses my website
(6) Websites that are accessed by the user's system via my website
The data is also stored in the log files of the system I use. This data is not stored together with your other personal data.
2. Legal basis for data processing
The legal basis for the temporary storage of data and log files is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
3. Purpose of data processing
The temporary storage of the IP address by the system is necessary to enable the website to be delivered to your computer.
For this purpose, your IP address must remain stored for the duration of the session.
The log files are saved to ensure the functionality of the website. The data is also used to optimize the website and to ensure the security of the information technology systems. The data is not evaluated for marketing purposes in this context.
These purposes also include my legitimate interest in data processing in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
4. Duration of storage
The data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer necessary for the purpose for which they were collected. In the case of the collection of data for the provision of the website, this is the case when the respective session is ended.
If the data is stored in log files, this is the case after seven days at the latest. Storage beyond this period is possible. In this case, the IP addresses are deleted or alienated so that they cannot be attributed to a specific calling client.
5. Possibility of objection and removal
The collection of the data for the provision of the website and the storage of the data in log files is mandatory for the operation of the website. There is therefore no possibility of objection.
1. Description and scope of data processing, legal basis, purpose and duration of storage
If a user calls up a website, a cookie may be stored on the user's operating system. This cookie contains a characteristic string of characters that enables the browser to be clearly identified when the website is called up again.
Cookies make the offer of the website more user-friendly and optimise the workflow processes. In some cases they are used for security reasons. These are my legitimate interests in terms of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR, the statutory source on which I base the data processing.
2. Possibility of objection and removal
Depending on the settings, the user-friendliness of my website may be restricted as a result. You also have the option to delete cookies in the above settings after a session.
The web system used by me uses the following cookies:
First party cookies
Third party cookies
VII. Contact form and e-mail contact
1. Description and scope of data processing, legal basis, purpose and duration of storage
On my website I use a contact form for different information needs, which can be used for electronic contact. If you take this option, the data inserted in the input mask will be transmitted to me and saved.
These data are:
At the time the message is sent, the following data is also stored:
(1) The IP address of the user
(2) Date and time of registration
Alternatively, it is possible to contact us via the provided email address. In this case, the user's personal data transmitted with the e-mail will be saved.
I am providing the contact form and e-mail address because I am obliged to enable a user to contact me quickly by electronic means. If you make use of this option, your data will be processed and automatically stored for the purpose of answering the enquiry in accordance with Art 6 para. 1 lit. c GDPR. We delete the enquiries if they are no longer required and no legal archiving obligations apply. If the e-mail contact aims at the conclusion of a contract, an additional legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR. We save your IP address and the time of publication due to my legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f. GDPR for seven days. We do this for security reasons, e.g. if the communication transports illegal content.
I will not pass on your data to third parties. The data will be used exclusively for the conversation.
2. Possibility of objection and removal
You have the option to object to the processing of your personal data at any time. For this purpose, you can, for example, send an e-mail to email@example.com. In such a case, the conversation cannot be continued.
In this case, all personal data stored in the course of contacting us will be deleted.
VIII. No social (media) plugins
In order to distribute online offers via so-called social networks, websites often contain so-called social media buttons with which the user can access the websites of the corresponding networks. The plugins offered directly by the operators of social networks transmit personal data such as the IP address and cookies as soon as a website on which they are integrated is loading, thus providing unsolicited information about your surfing behaviour to the social services. This functionality operates regardless of whether you are logged in or a member of the respective social network.
My website does not use social plugins.
Insofar as we use buttons from social network operators, they only contain a link that leads to my websites in the respective social network without the functionality of a plugin. I refer to my privacy information about LinkedIn under X.
IX. Web hosting and e-mail providers
1. Description and scope of data processing
To be able to present my content online, I use a web hosting service provider whose services include platform services, storage capacity, database services, security mechanisms and maintenance services. Third party services for the purpose of processing electronic communication with you include the dispatch, receipt and storage of e-mails on e-mail servers.
Data concerned are content data (in particular your texts, your contact details) and technical e-mail transport information such as the e-mail addresses of those involved in communication and the time stamps.
The above-mentioned providers partly use resources in third countries. The shop and web hosting provider uses data centers in the third countries USA, South Korea, Taiwan and Israel.
2. Legal basis and purposes for data processing
I use the services of a specialized web hosting provider to offer my content efficiently and trouble-free. The processing of communication data serves the electronic communication with you and the prevention of abuse (e.g. SPAM). I am thus safeguarding my legitimate interests; the legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 lit.f) GDPR.
3. Duration of storage, objection and removal options
Duration of storage, objection and removal options depend on the respective function that the provider executes. For the use of the website, we refer to section V above, for the cookies used by the provider to section VI and for electronic communication to section VII.
X. Online presentations on
social media platforms
RIETH MARKETING maintains online presences in social networks with the purpose of expanding my presence to the users of these networks. We have no influence on the processing of personal data by the respective platform operator.
The platform operators usually use the data of the social network users for market research and advertising purposes. For example, usage profiles can be created based on usage behaviour. The platform operators use the user profiles obtained in this way to display personalised advertising to you. Data processing may also affect persons who are not registered as users on the respective social media platform.
The personal data may be processed outside the scope of the GDPR (“third countries”). These third countries often have a level of data protection that is not equivalent to GDPR and national data protection laws.
My online presence aims to create an external impact on the respective platform and to enable the exchange with interested parties. The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR or Art 6 para. 1 lit. a, if you have given your consent to the respective platform operator for data processing.
Further information about data processing when using a social media offer, options for objection (opt-out) and the assertion of information rights, can be obtained from the data protection declaration of the corresponding platform operator:
Provider: LinkedIn Inc., 1000 W Maude, Sunnyvale, CA 94085 ,, USA
XI. Rights of the data subject
If your personal data is processed, you are the data subject within the meaning of the GDPR and you have the following rights vis-à-vis the person responsible:
1. Right of information
You may request confirmation from the data controller as to whether personal data concerning you is being processed.
If such processing has taken place, you may request information from the controller on the following:
(1) the purposes for which the personal data are processed;
(2) the categories of personal data which are processed;
(3) the recipients or the categories of recipients to whom the personal data concerning you have been or will be disclosed;
(4) the planned duration of the storage of your personal data or, if it is not possible to provide specific details, criteria for determining the duration of storage;
(5) the existence of a right of rectification or deletion of your personal data, a right to restrict the processing by the controller or a right to object to such processing;
(6) the existence of a right right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
(7) any available information as to the source of the data, if the personal data are not collected from the data subject;
(8) the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, referred to in Art. 22 para. 1 and 4 GDPR and - at least in these cases - meaningful information about the logic involved as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing on the data subject.
You have the right to request information as to whether the personal data concerning you are being transferred to a third country or to an international organisation. In this context, you may request to be informed about the appropriate guarantees referred to in Art. 46 GDPR in relation with the transmission..
2. Right of rectification
You have the right to require rectification and/or completion from the controller if the processed personal data concerning you is incorrect or incomplete. The controller shall conduct the rectification without undue delay.
3. Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to obtain from the controller restriction of processing where one of the following applies:
(1) if you contest the accuracy of your personal data for a period which enables the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
(2) if the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and instead request the restriction of their use;
(3) the controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, or
(4) if you have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21(1) pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of the controller override those of you.
If the processing of your personal data has been restricted, such data - apart from its storage - may only be obtained with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or to protect the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest of the Union or of a member state.
If you have obtained restriction of processing pursuant to section 3. you shall be informed by the controller before the restriction of processing is lifted.
4. Right to erasure
a) Obligation to delete
You may request the controller to delete your personal data without undue delay, and the controller is obliged to delete such data without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies::
(1) the personal data concerning you are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
(2) you withdraw your consent on which the processing is based according to lit a) of Art. 6 para. (1) GDPR, or lit. a) of Article 9 para. (2) GDPR, and where there is no other legal ground for the processing;
(3) you object to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 para. (1) GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, or you object to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 para. (2) GDPR;
(4) the personal data concerning you have been processed unlawfully;
(5) the personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject;
(6) the personal data have been collected in relation to the offer of information society services referred to in Art. 8 para. (1) GDPR.
b) Information to third parties
Where the controller has made the personal data public and is obliged pursuant to section 3. to erase the personal data, the controller, taking account of available technology and the cost of implementation, shall take reasonable steps, including technical measures, to inform controllers which are processing the personal data that you have requested the erasure by such controllers of any links to, or copy or replication of, those personal data.
The right to erasure does not exist if the processing is necessary
(1) ) for the exercising of the right to freedom of expression and information;
(2) to comply with a legal obligation requiring processing by Union or national Member State law to which the controller is subject, or to perform a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
(3) for reasons of public interest in the area of public health in accordance with Art. 9 para. 2 lit. h and i as well as Art. 9 para. 3 GDPR;
(4) for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes according to Art. 89 para. 1 GDPR, insofar as the right referred to in section a) is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of the objectives of this processing, or
(5) for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
5. Notification obligation
The controller shall communicate any rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing carried out in accordance with Art. 16, Art. 17 para.(1) and Art. 18 to each recipient to whom the personal data have been disclosed, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. The controller shall inform you about those recipients if you request it.
6. Right to data portability
You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to the controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You also have the right to transmit this data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to whom the personal data has been provided, where:
(1) the processing is based on consent in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR or Art. 9 para. 2 lit. a GDPR or on a contract persuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR and
(2) the processing is carried out using automated means.
In exercising this right, you also have the right to have your personal data transmitted directly from one person responsible to another, insofar as this is technically feasible. Freedoms and rights of other people may not be affected by this.
The right to data transferability shall not apply to the processing of personal data that is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the course of official authority vested in the controller.
7. Right to object
You have the right to object at any time, for reasons arising from your particular situation, to the processing of your personal data, which is based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. e or f GDPR; this also applies to profiling based on these provisions.
The controller shall no longer process your personal data unless the controller demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Where personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to processing of your personal data for such marketing, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing.
If you object to processing for direct marketing purposes, your personal data will no longer be processed for these purposes.
You may exercise your right to object in relation to the use of information society services, and notwithstanding Directive 2002/58/ EC, by using automated procedures that incorporate technical specifications.
8. Right to withdraw your consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
9. Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement, if you believe that the processing of your personal data violates the GDPR .
The supervisory authority to which the complaint was lodged shall inform the complainant on the progress and the outcome of the complaint, including the possibility of a judicial remedy in accordance with Art. 78 GDPR.